Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Southern Music

All music is beautiful
Billy Strayhorn

So we've gone over G.R.I.T.S. weddings, food, and boys. The next thing to go over would have to be our music!! While I enjoy artists from all parts of the world, I time and time again find myself turning to my fellow Southerners.

In my humble opinion, there is one man who colorfully represents all the South has to offer: cuisine, great people, and good times. That man's name is Jimmy Buffett.


Yes, I'm a Parrothead and any G.R.I.T. worth her salt has a good supply of JB on her iPod. In my book, nothing beats listening to Buffett on a beach tucked away on the Gulf Coast.  When I need a little "me time" I always drive to Alligator Point or Apalachicola to find my own personal Margaritaville.

If your music collection could use some fine tuning, here are some tracks that you could add for a near instant retreat!! Known to true fans as the "Big 8," they were originally the songs that Jimmy played at every show.

1)Margaritaville (my alarm clock)
2) Come Monday
3) Fins (my current ringtone)
4) Volcano
5) A Pirate Looks at Forty
6) Cheeseburger in Paradise
7) Why Don't We Get Drunk...
8) Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

Happy Listening!!!

Until next time,
kCa

Now it's time to enjoy my Rays VICTORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment