Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Summer Must Haves

Living in the middle of the Sunshine State my entire life, I have become quite used to the cruel summer sunshine. However, I wouldn't be able to stand the heat without a few key pieces in my wardrobe.

1) Fishing Shirts

They aren't the most stylish shirts around, but fishing shirts, especially those made by Columbia, are definitely do their job keeping me cool while I run errands around town. They also come in the cutest colors, making them a perfect shirt for the summer time. However, they can cross over into early fall-time also. During the first few scorching months up in Tallahassee, I always throw on a shirt to stay cool while getting from class to class around campus.


2) A Great Hat

Having such dark hair, it sometimes feels like my hair is on fire! That's why I always wear either a wide brim hat, like this monogrammed wonder from Marley Lilly, or a baseball cap in an adorable pastel color, my favorite is this one from Southern Tide. It not only keeps your head cuter and cooler, but it also shields you from some of those awful UV rays.

3) Jelly Sandals

Remember, pool sandals don't just have to be just normal flip flops. That's the reason why I love these jelly sandals by Jack Rogers. They are so chic for when you're walking around the pool deck or strutting yourself on the beach. They also come in so many colors!! They have a little something for everyone's personal style.

4) Sunscreen
You can't have a fabulous summer if you are constantly turning into a giant lobster. Even if you don't usually burn from the hot sun you should still apply a sunscreen to protect your facial future. I'm honestly not a big fan of applying thick lotion to my face, that's why I use this powdered genius by Colore Science. It comes in either SPF 30 or 50 and has a nice citrus-like smell that comes out when you are in the sunlight.

Hope everyone is having a fun and safe summer!!!
What are your summer must haves?

Until next time,
kCa

No comments:

Post a Comment