Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Reads

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends.
-Charles W. Eliot

I've always been a bookworm. Unfortunately, because of my very demanding schedule, my reading time has run away from me and I have a lot of catching up to do. That's one of my favorite things about summer. I'm able to just relax, open up a new book, and go to town. I have a long list of books that I want to read, but I know that they won't be going anywhere. Sooner or later, I'll be able to have time for them.

I'm about half way through with Decision Points by George W. Bush. You can quietly think what you want about the man, but you have to remember that he was our president and therefore deserves a great deal of respect. Even if you didn't agree with his political policy, it's always interesting to read up on the lives of such prominent historical figures. Maybe that's just the history nerd in me talking.  

Once I'm done with Decision Points, I'm not going to call it quits for the summer. I have a whole list of books that I want to take a swing at before going back to school.

The Help (I need to read it before the movies)

and, thanks to Let's Be Preppy, I want to catch up on the books by Dorothea Benton Frank. They sound like they are just up my alley.

What are you summer reads?
I'm always willing to add new books to my reading lists.

Until next time,
kCa

1 comment:

  1. There are so many books I want to read this summer that I made a "Book Bucket List"! My goal is to read at least one book per week. Here's the link to my list:
    http://thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-bucket-list.html
    Happy reading!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete