Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shopping Extravaganza

Today I had an absolutely amazing day of shopping with my friend, cHs. We hoped over the Skyway Bridge to get to out local Outlet Mall in Ellenton. I had old birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and I really wanted to get rid of it.
July 24, 2011
Now, dear reader, I hope you don't think that all I do is shop. Quite contrary. I always feel like I'm on the go, but I've found that retail therapy is the medicine for a stressful day. Even if it's just window shopping, just being around such wonderful designers makes me feel like I'm on Cloud 9. Fashion equals my anti-drug.

Case in point, my outlet mall has a Saks Fifth Avenue Clearance store. Inside, this store has an amazing selection of high-end designers at jaw dropping prices. I often find myself aimlessly walking through the aisles of clothing, just brushing my fingers against the luxurious fabrics. If I find something that really strikes my attention, I try it on and appreciate that the item of clothing was probably worth a full summer of paychecks.

Today's little piece of bliss was an absolutely stunning number by Milly that made my knees weak. It had everything that a cocktail should have: lace, a bow, scallop trip. The only downside, just the whooping $550 price tag. YIKES!!

Afterwards, I drifted back to reality, but not for telling myself that somehow (someday) I would be  able to have a wardrobe that would make even snootiest of fashionistas jealous. Hey, a girl can dare to dream!!

"She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans."


Until next time,
kCa

3 comments:

  1. I love all your new clothes! I have been good not to spend a lot of money this summer, but it is burning a hole in my pocket too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks beautiful but I agree that the price tag is pretty scary. I love the closet picture and someday I hope to have an organized, large beautiful closet like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went overboard shopping this weekend too.... maybe i'll do a post about it this week :)

    ReplyDelete