Friday, August 12, 2011

Future Friday: Furry Friends

Trying saying that five times fast.

I don't know about you, but I'm a dog lover. I'm that girl who does that high pitched whine whenever she sees a cute puppy. Yep, that girl. There's just something about a wagging tail that makes my knees week. 

Currently, the love of my life is a little West Highland White Terrier named Bogie (after the actor Humphrey Bogart). He's just around five years old, but he still looks and acts like a puppy. 

I know that I'll never be able to get him away from parents once I'm ready for a dog of my own. So, I think about what breeds would look best in my future, even though I would choose a Westie again in a heart beat.

1) First and foremost, I think that an English Springer Spaniel is the epitome of prepdom. I can't count how many ads for Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, etc. this dog has shown up in. They seem so poised (if that's possible for a dog), but I know they would love to spend an entire day out in the sun, which I love. 

2) The second breed on my list is the Bloodhound. I don't know what is. Maybe it's the big floppy ears or the constantly wagging tail. Whatever the reason, thinking about them makes my heart melt. My dad had two growing up, Cybil and Josh, so maybe the love is genetic.

4) Finally, you can never go wrong with a Labrador Retriever. I consider this the "All-American Dog." To me they symbolize the American Dream, white picket fence included. The toughest part is what color to choose? 

Possible names? Of course I've thought of them:
  • Cooper
  • Beau
  • Bella
  • Daisy
  • Duke
  • Twain

I hope I didn't offend any cat lovers out there!! No harm intended!!
What are your dog loves?

Until next time,
kCa

2 comments:

  1. Growing up I had a spaniel, he was the sweetest thing! I would love to get another when I have kids someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a westie and I looove him so much! They're the sweetest dogs
    <3

    ReplyDelete