Monday, August 8, 2011

Vacation

A vacation is having nothing to do and all to do it in.
-Robert Orben

After a long and grueling year of swimming, I finally had the opportunity to take a break and be able to relax. My parents planned the vacation perfectly. Everyone (parents, brother, and I) all had off from work and swimming. 

We talked about visiting lots of different location, but ultimately decided that a "staycation" would be the best thing for the family. I mean, we have hundreds of lovely beaches within driving distance from our house. Why should we have to fly or drive for hours on end?

We choose to stay at the Tradewinds Resort on St. Pete Beach, about an hour away from home. It had everything that a resort should have, but there was only one thing I cared about... THE BEACH!!!

To me, a perfect day is just reading a good book on a white sand beach with a view. That's exactly what I was able to have, plus a hammock!! I now feel relaxed, recharged, and ready to take on the world (or at least start the fall semester)!

How y'all's summer holiday?

Until next time,
kCa

2 comments:

  1. A break from swimming is hard to come by, so enjoy it. It's so nice to have met another swimmer on here who knows what it's like!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete