Monday, August 8, 2011

"So Put On Your Best Boys...

...and I'll Wear My Pearls."
The Band Perry

The third (and final) symbol that represent Southern Belles everywhere is a string of pearls. It represents the beauty, both natural and cultured, that all GRITS have inside of them. This beauty is comprised of the style, grace, and elegance that make up our best assets.

Historically, pearls were naturally found all along the Southern coastlines. Now they are available to women everywhere (in many different forms) to make them feel and look like royalty. They can be worn for any sort of occasion: from the tennis court to a cocktail party. Don't have a function to go to? No worries!! A strand of pearls look just as nice while doing chores around the house or running errands. When you don't have them elegantly draped around your neck (and you should give them a break every once in awhile), a perfect place to keep them is tucked inside the family Bible. It will remind you of what to hold dear.

Remember, GRITS aren't always born. They are sometimes made. So, if you're not naturally from below the Mason Dixon Line, here are the key ingredients you should have to act the part.

  • String of Pearls
  • Dash of Dixie
  • Pinch of Attitude
  • Cupful of Inner Beauty
Mix all of these ingredients together and you will have the flamboyant beauty and style that GRITS so unique, just like our strand of pearls.

In closing, I have provided an outfit that highlights that beautiful creamy iridescent color that looks good on any belle. But remember, GRITS come in many different colors and styles, just like the pearls we wear around our neck. They are all beautiful and all personify class.
String of Pearls
Until next time,
kCa

6 comments:

  1. I love that song, and I love my pearls. I have them on today!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my strand of pearls =] An outfit just isnt complete without 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love my pearls! lucky for me they are my birth stone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore my pearl earrings today! I'm so glad they are my birth stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! I don't go anywhere without my pearls :) Such a cute outfit you put together too!

    ReplyDelete